When to Contact a Lawyer about Amusement Park Injuries

Amusement parks can be great sources of family fun.   Whether screaming on a roller coaster or feeding your face with funnel cakes they tend to conjure warm memories of excitement and enjoyment.  Sometimes however, an amusement park experience can go wrong, very wrong.  You, or perhaps one of your children becomes injured, resulting in severe pain and trauma – the kind that will take a long time to recover from.

You may feel angry or even guilty after it happens, but you need to remember it was not your fault.  It was the improper behaviour of the park’s employees and owners.

Remember that it is the amusement park’s duty to provide a safe environment for its customers, including you and your family.  Any damage or injury due to faulty equipment or improper maintenance or cleaning is their legal responsibility.   If you feel like you have been wronged and that you deserve fair compensation for the pain you have suffered you should contact a personal injury lawyer right away.

While you should obviously seek medical treatment, you do not need to wait for a prognosis to speak to a lawyer.  If it is your child that has been injured you or another adult will need to act as a litigation guardian to represent the child in any legal proceedings – this is not the same as a lawyer, it is merely acting as a proxy for the child’s best interests.

Don’t settle for injustice – if you have been injured at an amusement park you deserve compensation for your pain and should seek it out through the legal system.  Take action now and contact Conte Associates at 1-877-614-0008. Based in Vaughan and Whitby, Conte & Associates works with clients in Whitby/Oshawa, and in the following cities in Ontario: Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Newcastle, Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Port Perry, Belleville, and Peterborough.

View More Articles