Financial Stability After a Car Accident

In today’s society financial stability isn’t easy—but couple common financial ups and downs with a car accident-induced personal injury and you have a recipe for disaster. Luckily, there are ways to ensure your financial stability after a car accident.

There are two primary ways to ensure your financial well-being after an accident:

Government Disability Programs

As an injured individual there are governmental programs available to you that can help cover or recover lost wages and cost associated with your injury. This can include programs related to WSIB, employment insurance and disability programs. While these programs offer support though, it is generally just enough to help out with a modest lifestyle.

Car Accident Claim Compensation
As governmental programs offer limited compensation that may not be sufficient to cover all your incurred medical expenses or other financial losses, you may need to file a claim for compensation for your car accident.

Gaining Financial Stability Through a Personal Injury Claim
Gaining financial stability through a personal injury claim is one venue available to you, in order to help pay costs incurred from:

·Medical and other care expenses

·Expenses related to both short- and long-term care

·Damages for ‘pain and suffering’

·The past—and future—loss of income and opportunity

·Losses related to your business

·Damages for on-going or permanent disabilities or disfigurement

·And any other out-of-pocket expenses due to the accident

How to Seek Financial Compensation
In order to launch a successful personal injury claim you first need to gather all the evidence you can to prove the damages listed above. This includes receipts, bank records, work pay stubs, quotes for the cost of future care and other proof that will create a dollar amount for your claim. Once you’ve gathered all the evidence possible to prove how much you are owed due to the accident you need to total up the dollar amount. If it is under $25,000 then you will likely want to take your claim to small claims court, where you can represent yourself and save costly legal expenses that would eat into your compensation. If the amount is above $25,000 then you will need to take your claim to a higher court, in which case you will need a personal injury lawyer to represent your best interests. Whichever course you take, be aware that the statute of limitations requires that you file a claim within two years of the accident.

For a walk-through of what is involved in a personal injury claim, and for an assessment of compensation that you may be entitled to—call the personal injury claim experts at Conte & Associates today.

View More Articles